Amorfic thermoplast; available in many grades, pure as well as in blends (PC/ABS, PA/ABS, PVC/ABS)
Mass: 1,03 - 1,07 g/cm3
Mechanical properties: Stiff, tough, also at low temperatures. Relatively high hardness together with good scratch resistance. High charpy and impact resistance.
Thermal properties: good heat resistance, applicable from -45ºC to +85ºC, sometimes even up to +100ºC. Burns with sooty flame. In special grades also flame retardent.
Due to the butadiene normally not transparent.
Natural colour is yellowish-white opaque.
Can be produced in almost any colour; with high surface gloss.
In special grades also transparency is possible.
Well injection mouldable;
Well gluable with solvent glues or 2-k glues.
Good weldability through different weld techniques; can be welded together with PMMA;
Printable (tampon, film, silk screen printing)
Special types platable (nickel, cupper, chromium)
- housings and controls for radio, television, telephone, photo- and video equipment, computers …
- automotive parts like dashboards, decorating strips, lids …
- chairs, cupboard parts, armrests …
- housings for vacuum cleaners, coffee machines, household appliances, bathroom accesoires …
- (technical) toys, suitcase parts, drink and dinnerware …
|Minimum service temperature||-45||°C|
|Maximum service temperature||85||°C|
|Dielectric loss factor||0.0165|